This week has been very successful. Sort of! I believe we will be hitting the Standard of Excellence this week. This means that we taught at least eight lessons with a member present, we added three new investigators, have thee investigators with a baptism date, had at least one baptism and confirmation, and at least five investigators at church. While those numbers are small, it is a difficult task to accomplish. We are working today on five investigators at church, and one more person with a baptism date. We will achieve this. Today is our last day, but we will achieve it.
We had the baptism of Jim Erale on Januray 22nd. Wonderful man. Teaching him was a great experience. He soaked up the gospel like a sponge. He will be a remarkable member. I am grateful for his decision to make these steps towards his Heavenly Father.
Elder Shapcott, Elder Bodily, Jim Erale, Jim's Ward Mission Leader
Our teaching pool has shrunk a bit. We had a couple of weeks with amazing teaching miracles. Most of those that we had miracles with are not being taught anymore. But, we still had those spirit-filled moments where those people were touched immensely by the Spirit. It has taught me that I don't convert anyone, and the Spirit can't force anyone to be converted. And, that if the people don't read, pray, and come to church, nothing will happen. All I can do is my best.
We met Shannon Smock and her son Lorenzo, and two weeks later, they were baptized. Shannon's brother Derek baptized them.
Elder Mattei, Elder Bodily, Shannon and Lorenzo Smock, Derek
I am so happy, glad, honored, and proud to be serving here in Salt Lake City. I would be no where else then right here in Salt Lake. There is no work better then what work is being done here. Missionary work is what the gospel comes down to. I don't say that because I am serving, but because I have learned that for us to live the gospel, we must share it. Now for us to share it, we do have to be living it also, so it is a continuous circle.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the Lord's kingdom on the earth once again, restored by the Lord through the prophet Joseph Smith. Thomas S. Monson is a prophet today. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. Our Heavenly Father loves each one of us. He knows us individually, and He has a plan for each one fo us. The Book of Mormon and the Bible are the word of God, and contain the fulness of the Gospel. I love you all!
Elder Bodily
1 comment:
Elder Bodily
sounds to me that you are right I track. I am so proud of you.
Dad
Post a Comment