In the February Ensign, page 9, top left-hand side, the two sister missionaries standing on the porch are Sister Morris and Sister Anderson. They are in my mission. Great sisters. Yeah, so I thought I would let everyone know.
More importantly, the work is moving forward and Elder Mattei and I are working hard to get the members here excited. It is difficult with one ward, but the others are being dilligent. We only have one investigator we are teaching, and because he is on parole, we are handing him to the ward until he can be baptized. That will most likely be way after I am gone. He is also in the ward that is being difficult. But, that happens, and all we can do is have faith, work smart, work hard, and do the Lord's work.
Foot is doing better. Have to do another x-ray in the next few days, and we will find out what will happen from that point. Hopefully, nothing major will happen, and I can just continue to work without my sort of delay. We will see. I pray for that.
Haven't seen any sisters (the ones related to me). They seem to be hiding from me. That is fine. I will see them in March, and that is a day we have all been waiting for.
It is crazy to think that February is my sixth month on the mission. Wow! This has gone by way too fast. Last transfer went by very fast, and this transfer is starting to be the same. By the end of this transfer, I will have been out for six and a half months! Way crazy. Everyone talks about how it goes by so fast, and I'm not surprised, by any means. But, experiencing it is what is so strange.
I was reading in the scriptures a couple of days ago, and came across some strange verses. Here are some references to show what I mean: Hebrews 11:34 - sounds like a space bottle. Moroni 10:3 - the last word makes it sound like dogs don't go to heaven. Jeremiah 4:18-20 - sounds like the effects of MTC food. Zechariah 5:1-2 - food fight, sorta. D&C 84:89-91 - feed missionaries! (my personal favorite) 2 John 1:12 gives me a reason not to write the Williams or Biggers.
Besides all these little jokes, I know the scriptures are true. I know that the Bible, translated correctly, and the Book of Mormon are the word of God and contain the fulness of the gospel.
The Church is True!
Love you all,
Elder Bodily
1 comment:
It is to early for you to be on then countdown you have just begun.
At least a year has to go by before countdown, 18 months even is better to count down.
We looked at the sisters in the Ensign.
See you I think in March.
Hang in there elder.
Post a Comment