Hard work and patience. Learning about those two a lot the past couple of weeks. We are doing missionary work the way it is meant to be done, and so far, we haven't had any number of success come from it. Yet!
I have also learned the Gospel of Jesus Christ - part of it any ways. The more I read the books of Helaman and Mosiah and 3 Nephi, the more I see things that make so much sense, but that I never understood. That goes for reading the Book of Mormon as a whole also. So much is being opened up. Elder Mattei has actually helped me a lot with this. There is so much about the Gospel of Jesus Christ that we overlook. And it is all in the Book of Mormon. Honestly, we don't need the Bible. Everything we need to know and learn is in the Book of Mormon. I am still going to study the Bible, it has truths in it. But the fulness of the gospel, it is in the Book of Mormon. I am learning so much just by reading and praying. There is so much more for us to do in the gospel then being baptized, repenting, and following the commandments. And now that I have learned some of the things I have, I see how what we teach from Preach My Gospel is just the surface of the gospel. So much more we can learn.
Well, like I said at the top of this letter, not much is happening with baptisms, but my knowledge of the gospel is expanding. I look forward ot sharing more with you.
Love, Elder Bodily
No comments:
Post a Comment