1.10.2011

YOU GOTTA WATCH OUT FOR DODGE BALL!

Jan. 7, 2011

One week has passed since the start of this new year.  A lot has happened in this past week.  Our P-Days have been changed to Mondays.  Our Thursdays have become full of weekly meetings.  We no longer have zone meetings.  Now we focus on the companionship and have weekly district meetings.  Also, our teaching pool has changed dramatically.  This area is not as fruitful as Millcreek.  We are officially teaching five investigators, but right now, really only two.  The one man who was to be baptized on the 22nd, is wavering.  Lucifer is working hard on slipping in false ideas into this man's head.  We pray each day that he will see the blessings of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I said earlier that this area isn't as fruitful.  I take that back.  It isn't as fast.  We have the baptisms, they just come later.
   But, all is well here in the Liberty Stake.  I have yet to see any of my siblings, even though I live pretty close to the Williams.  Just a couple blocks.  But, that doesn't matter.  The work here is moving.  Slowly, but surely moving.
   So, do you remember the movie, 'Forever Strong'?  The coach's name in that is Coach Gelwix.  He has been coaching Highland's rugby team for 35 years.  Do you know how many times his team has lost in 35 years?  Ten times!  They have lost only ten times in the past 35 years.  That is just a fun fact.  Well, he came and spoke to our zone on a Wednesday.  It was an amazing motivational talk/discussion on how to set goals, and also how to set 'yourself' to be successful. 
   Brother Gelwix & Elder Bodily

That was a cool Wednesday.  That was also the day I broke my foot.  Yep!  Don't worry, everything is okay.  Kind of a funny story actually.  Last week on P-day, we were playing dodge ball and I had landed wrong on my foot.  It felt bruised, but no biggy.  Then, this last Wednesday, when I was taking a shower, I put some pressure on it, and snap!  I winced and looked down, but nothing looked strange.  The funny thing was when it happened, I was thinking, 'that is annoying'.  Then we went to the meeting with Coach Gelwix and I couldn't walk on it.  So, I talked to Sister Winn, and she said I should get X-rays done.  So, Elder Shapcott and I went to the hospital, paid $10, got some x-rays, and found some interesting news.  The doctor told me I had definitely broke my foot, but not that morning, but rather a month ago.  I was confused.  You would think I would remember breaking my foot.  Oh well!  Now I have a boot (see below) I have to wear for awhile.  But, I can still work and tract, so it's all good!

The Church is true.  Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world.  He is also our brother.  I can't wait for the day when I can stand next to Him and give Him a hug, and say, "I did my best".  Then I can't wait to give my brother, Ryan a hug, and smile at him and say, "How's it going?"  What a glorious day!  God loves us and gives all that we need to be happy:  the Gospel & our Families. 
I love you all!
Love,
Your missionary, Elder Bodily
 

4 comments:

KWilliams Photography said...

Crazy Elder Bodily!

So I'm a tad confused. It sounds like you broke your foot playing dodge ball. But it also sounds like you broke your foot a month ago, which I think is earlier than dodge ball since dodge ball was played "last week". Either way, I'm glad that it didn't seem to bother you too much for a while.
I wasn't expecting to see a picture of the boot without Elder Bodily inside either. haha

I wish we could have heard Brother Gelwix's talk. It sounds pretty neat and I'm sure I would have agreed.

Grandpa and Grandma B. said...

I'm a little unclear about when Kevin broke his foot too. Maybe when he e-mails next week, he can explain it all. Just glad we don't have another one of our guys on crutches.
Mom

jeff and alli said...

It seems almost all injuries on missions are p-day injuries.

So Kevin is in the same stake as Kristin?

jeff and alli said...

never mind, i just read below he isn't in Kristin's stake.