1.10.2011

SERVING IN THE CENTRAL ZONE!

As I stated in an earlier post, I was transferred to the Central Zone, which we like to call the Moroni Zone. I am now serving in the Liberty Stake. It covers downtown Salt Lake City and a few blocks south of it also.  I am not in either one of my sisters stakes, but I am pretty close to one of them, just a few blocks west.  For those who know Salt Lake, I am close to Trolley Square, which means...Cafe Rio!!!!  It isn't in Trolley Square, but just a block or so west of it.  I love Cafe Rio!!!!!  SO MUCH!!  Now some of you are wondering how this has to do with missionary work.  It doesn't.
So, downtown we mainly work with homeless people.  Its fun.  And with working with them I have more back up and foundation of why I will never break the Word of Wisdom ever.  EVER!  Don't drink, smoke, do drugs, or anything like that.  Kills your life - literally.
My new, well not so new companion is Elder Shapcott.  He is from Chicago.  He is District Leader and he has been here in this area for three months.
We have one baptism.  :( One of our planned baptisms just fell off date...because he stopped seeing us.
We will see what happens now.  Just working hard, and it will work out well.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the Lord's Kingdom once again on the earth.

Love you all,
Elder Bodily

Visit the Mission's Blog:  mamawinnsplace.blogspot.com

1 comment:

jeff and alli said...

I think my testimony of the Word of Wisdom grew a lot on the mission as well. It was so hard seeing the struggles people went through because of various addictions. I think seeing their suffering just further proved to me that the WofW is really to help us.