I am very sorry I haven't written everyone. Its just that I do not have a lot of time. I am only allowed to write letters on P-Day, and that is Wednesdays. I haven't been the best at that, because we usually have about an hour before we go to bed each night, and I try to catch up. Because of the mission's schedule, there is only about an hour a week to write letters. I can not write back every time to every one. It's not that I don't appreciate it, I just only have once a week to write letters.
This last week (actually two weeks) we have had three baptisms. Christopher Campbell, Keaton Hanson, and Ryan Wyman. All young boys, well Chris is 13, but he other two are ten. All of their families are trying to get back to the church. Its a very amazing thing to see them grow.
So, we heard from Elder Evans of the Seventy this past week. It was an awesome experience to have him speak to us, and for him to ask us questions, and for him to answer any of our questions. He focused on teaching from the Book of Mormon, and not defending what we say with the Book of Mormon, but to let it speak for itself. It was very wonderful, and I don't think I'll ever forget it.
So, Elder Taylor and I are companions still for the next transfer, and he is now the District Leader, so we have a car! And do you remember that I said Elder Taylor was hit by a car? Well, that apparently broke his bike enough that we can't use them until we have another one for him, so this car came just in time.
We also now have the ability to text on our phones. This will make contacting a lot of investigators so much easier, and it will help in zone activity with other missionaries.
I don't have much more time, so I will end this with my testimony:
"I know that the church is true. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of God. Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten Son, the Savior of the world, our Redeemer, our Lord, our Brother. I know that this work is true, and that there isn't anywhere else in the world I would rather be than in the Utah Salt Lake City Mission. I know this to be fact. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way back to our Heavenly Father. To have faith, repentance, baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost, and then to endure to the end. That is all we have to do. It is pretty simple. Follow the commandments of God, for they are there not to restrict or bind us, but to protect us from the advisary and from the world. We must not ever let go of what the Lord has given us, and we must cherish everything we have. Like Moroni says in the end of chapter ten of Moroni, 'remember the mercies of God that he has given us.'
I love you all, and expect three more neices or nephews when I get back.
Love,
Elder Bodily
Love,
Elder Bodily
1 comment:
Elder Bodily,
We hope you got our letters, but we do not want you to feel any obligation to respond. We just wanted to send you letters of encouragement. Keep up the good work. :0)
Post a Comment