With the end of the mission near, I look back and see what I have learned. So much has been put in front of me by the Lord, and I wonder how much I missed seeing that I have gained a lot from Him. The Gospel will help everyone who takes a hold of it. It is only through our faith that we can truly come unto Christ. The Book of Mormon is for us and true. Even non-religion topics have been taught. Be proactive, it makes life better. Running at people screaming for them to stop so you can talk to them is effective, if you want to be yelled at or get funny looks. DON'T TRACT! I get why people "have" to have their cell phones. And many other things have been absorbed in the past two years.
But, the thing that has been on my mind the most these last few months has been how faith is hard sometimes. It requires you to drop your self and rely on the Lord. Even when nothing is going, nothing is happening, everything is falling, we must press forward. In the face of the deceiver and his works, we must fight on for the work and for the cause. We must lay down our life for the Lord. Yes, to lay down your life for another is the most honorable - to lay down your carnal life for the Lord. If the natural man is killed, we become the followers of Christ that He intends us to be. He commands ALL of us, not just most of us. That is what I am being taught by the Lord right now. By the way of a huge mountain, I am learning to give myself up completely.
Elder Bodily
1 comment:
Wonderful letter :)
Post a Comment